I have to admit I am pretty
familiar with graphic organizers. When taking Dr. Boyce's courses
throughout my college experience she taught us many things about them, needless
to say she is a big fan of graphic organizers! Obviously it benefited us
to know them well because we have used them in many different subjects. As well as using them throughout our
career field in order to benefit our students. Graphic organizers are an excellent learning tool for
students. They can do many things
ranging from organizing students thoughts, literary concepts, and group assignments. There is a range of opportunities to
explore using graphic organizers.
Unfortunately I had to miss this
particular day in IT class due to a University event in Atlanta. I was
concerned about missing the instructions on how to develop a graphic organizer
using the Inspiration program. When beginning to work on my graphic
organizer I started to struggle using the software, and my grade was
affected. Overall it was neat to use the Inspiration software and attempt
to become familiar with it. I was thankful Dr. Hartzell was lenient and
let us revise them. I believe this follows many of the Common Core
standards. It particularly covers the integration of knowledge and ideas
using the graphic organizer. Another important standard it covers is the
production and distribution of writing.
These are both important standards to implement when teaching literacy
instruction. It is important that
students become familiar with technology software and the Inspiration software
does just that. It is neat to work
with something other than pen and paper.
To view my graphic organizer please click the link below:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7C9j8ctiOfwa1FnbktRVHRrTDA
To view my graphic organizer please click the link below:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7C9j8ctiOfwa1FnbktRVHRrTDA

No comments:
Post a Comment